upgrading branch to 1.5

CH
Chris Hinkey
Wed, May 15, 2019 3:33 PM

I am attempting to upgrade a branch that i have been working on locally
that was created off of the 1.4 branch initially.  I am attempting to merge
in the 1.5rc4 tag from the staging branch into my branch and I am getting a
bunch of merge conflicts (100s) with files I did not change.

When I inspect the staging branch it seems like there is no common ancestor
before the 1.3.1 release.  I would expect the 1.4 release to be in the
staging branch but it is not.  will this be in the 1.5_release branch when
it is eventually created?  Should I just wait?

-Chris

I am attempting to upgrade a branch that i have been working on locally that was created off of the 1.4 branch initially. I am attempting to merge in the 1.5rc4 tag from the staging branch into my branch and I am getting a bunch of merge conflicts (100s) with files I did not change. When I inspect the staging branch it seems like there is no common ancestor before the 1.3.1 release. I would expect the 1.4 release to be in the staging branch but it is not. will this be in the 1.5_release branch when it is eventually created? Should I just wait? -Chris
MA
Marasco, Aaron
Wed, May 15, 2019 5:31 PM

Hi Chris,

Yeah, it looks like the "staging" branch doesn't have 1.4.0 in its history for some reason...? I'll make sure that when 1.5.0 is released it has 1.4.0 as the ancestor and not staging. A little non-standard, but I want the merge/upgrade path to be easier for users.

Aaron

From: discuss discuss-bounces@lists.opencpi.org on behalf of Chris Hinkey chinkey@geontech.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 11:33
To: discuss@lists.opencpi.org
Subject: [Discuss OpenCPI] upgrading branch to 1.5

I am attempting to upgrade a branch that i have been working on locally
that was created off of the 1.4 branch initially.  I am attempting to merge
in the 1.5rc4 tag from the staging branch into my branch and I am getting a
bunch of merge conflicts (100s) with files I did not change.

When I inspect the staging branch it seems like there is no common ancestor
before the 1.3.1 release.  I would expect the 1.4 release to be in the
staging branch but it is not.  will this be in the 1.5_release branch when
it is eventually created?  Should I just wait?

-Chris

Hi Chris, Yeah, it looks like the "staging" branch doesn't have 1.4.0 in its history for some reason...? I'll make sure that when 1.5.0 is released it has 1.4.0 as the ancestor and not staging. A little non-standard, but I want the merge/upgrade path to be easier for users. Aaron ________________________________ From: discuss <discuss-bounces@lists.opencpi.org> on behalf of Chris Hinkey <chinkey@geontech.com> Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 11:33 To: discuss@lists.opencpi.org Subject: [Discuss OpenCPI] upgrading branch to 1.5 I am attempting to upgrade a branch that i have been working on locally that was created off of the 1.4 branch initially. I am attempting to merge in the 1.5rc4 tag from the staging branch into my branch and I am getting a bunch of merge conflicts (100s) with files I did not change. When I inspect the staging branch it seems like there is no common ancestor before the 1.3.1 release. I would expect the 1.4 release to be in the staging branch but it is not. will this be in the 1.5_release branch when it is eventually created? Should I just wait? -Chris