RCC Platform Development

PE
Paulz, Eric
Thu, Apr 4, 2019 5:41 PM

Hello,

I am working on an RCC platform for an embedded target (AstroSDR) on which the existing OS must remain as is.  The main challenge I'm facing is that all examples of enabling execution for GPP platforms recommend running Petalinux on the target, and all other examples of RCC platforms seem to be for development (I could be wrong on this).  Another issue is that the board is not configured to boot from an SD card as is detailed in the Platform Development Guide.  I attended the training workshop late last month and picked up some great tips, but I'm still struggling to get the platform to build properly so that I can test it out with some basic apps.

Are there any steps that I may be missing or existing cases similar to this that could be referenced?

Thanks,

Eric C. Paulz
Computer Engineer
Hume Center for National Security & Technology
epaulz@vt.edumailto:epaulz@vt.edu
Office: 540-231-6180
Cell: 864-243-6767

[...]
CH
Chris Hinkey
Thu, Apr 4, 2019 6:06 PM

all the rcc platforms xilinx13_3/4 in the core project afre for embedded radios
one other place to look that might be useful to look is geontech's implementation of the xilinx18_2 rcc platform https://github.com/Geontech/sw_xilinx18_2

what you essentially need to do is to set the make file to point to your compiler and set any flags that are needed for this compiler then build the framework from source and move these executables to the platform to run them.  In order for the build tools to recognize the new platform that you created the project that you created it in has to be registered in your project registry.  one way to determine if the tools can see your platform at all is to use the command "ocpidev show rcc platforms"

The fact that the platforms we have use SD cards too boot is maybe a poor choice of words in the documentation.  Outside of opencpi you have a way to boot your platform, you have a compiler to compile executables, and you have some way to get built executable on to the platform use those in order to complete your task.

hope this helps

all the rcc platforms xilinx13_3/4 in the core project afre for embedded radios one other place to look that might be useful to look is geontech's implementation of the xilinx18_2 rcc platform https://github.com/Geontech/sw_xilinx18_2 what you essentially need to do is to set the make file to point to your compiler and set any flags that are needed for this compiler then build the framework from source and move these executables to the platform to run them. In order for the build tools to recognize the new platform that you created the project that you created it in has to be registered in your project registry. one way to determine if the tools can see your platform at all is to use the command "ocpidev show rcc platforms" The fact that the platforms we have use SD cards too boot is maybe a poor choice of words in the documentation. Outside of opencpi you have a way to boot your platform, you have a compiler to compile executables, and you have some way to get built executable on to the platform use those in order to complete your task. hope this helps ________________________________ From: discuss <discuss-bounces@lists.opencpi.org> on behalf of Paulz, Eric <epaulz@vt.edu> Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2019 1:41 PM To: discuss@lists.opencpi.org Subject: [Discuss OpenCPI] RCC Platform Development Hello, I am working on an RCC platform for an embedded target (AstroSDR) on which the existing OS must remain as is. The main challenge I'm facing is that all examples of enabling execution for GPP platforms recommend running Petalinux on the target, and all other examples of RCC platforms seem to be for development (I could be wrong on this). Another issue is that the board is not configured to boot from an SD card as is detailed in the Platform Development Guide. I attended the training workshop late last month and picked up some great tips, but I'm still struggling to get the platform to build properly so that I can test it out with some basic apps. Are there any steps that I may be missing or existing cases similar to this that could be referenced? Thanks, - Eric C. Paulz Computer Engineer Hume Center for National Security & Technology epaulz@vt.edu<mailto:epaulz@vt.edu> Office: 540-231-6180 Cell: 864-243-6767