getting started with zedboard

MS
Masle Sébastien
Mon, Oct 1, 2018 7:26 PM

Hi,

I try to run an application in standalone mode on the ZedBoard, thus I am following the ZedBoard_Getting_Started_guide.pdf.

I am stuck when I start the application by typing the command "ocpirun -v -t 1 -d -m bias=hdl bias.xml", I get the following error:

   Exiting for exception: No network interface found to establish a system identify from its MAC address

Why does this error show up while I am not supposed to use the network?

Thanks,

Sebastien

Hi, I try to run an application in standalone mode on the ZedBoard, thus I am following the ZedBoard_Getting_Started_guide.pdf. I am stuck when I start the application by typing the command "ocpirun -v -t 1 -d -m bias=hdl bias.xml", I get the following error: Exiting for exception: No network interface found to establish a system identify from its MAC address Why does this error show up while I am not supposed to use the network? Thanks, Sebastien
aponchak
Mon, Oct 1, 2018 8:05 PM

Sebatien,

This is a bug, that unfortunately has yet not been resolved. However, a work around has been identified and is provided is the below snippet (from the v1.4.0 release notes):

{{{
1.3 Major Known Deficiencies
1.3.1 ZedBoard IP Required Even In Standalone Mode
Applications (including XML-only ones) fail if there is not an IP address assigned to the ZedBoard, even when in
“standalone mode.” If the network connection is not used, forcing a MAC (cf. Section 5.3.2) and IP addresses is
required. To set a temporary IP address, the command “ifconfig eth0 192.168.244.244” can be used. This
problem was found late within the 1.4 release cycle and should be addressed with the next major release.
}}}

FYI - v1.4.0 RPMs are to be available on github at the end of this week.

Best Regards,

Adam
On 2018-10-01 15:27, Masle Sébastiensebastien.masle@heig-vd.chwrote:

Hi, I try to run an application in standalone mode on the ZedBoard, thus I am following the ZedBoard_Getting_Started_guide.pdf. I am stuck when I start the application by typing the command "ocpirun -v -t 1 -d -m bias=hdl bias.xml", I get the following error: Exiting for exception: No network interface found to establish a system identify from its MAC address Why does this error show up while I am not supposed to use the network? Thanks, Sebastien _______________________________________________ discuss mailing list discuss@lists.opencpi.org http://lists.opencpi.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.opencpi.org

Sebatien, This is a bug, that unfortunately has yet not been resolved. However, a work around has been identified and is provided is the below snippet (from the v1.4.0 release notes): {{{ 1.3 Major Known Deficiencies 1.3.1 ZedBoard IP Required Even In Standalone Mode Applications (including XML-only ones) fail if there is not an IP address assigned to the ZedBoard, even when in “standalone mode.” If the network connection is not used, forcing a MAC (cf. Section 5.3.2) and IP addresses is required. To set a temporary IP address, the command “ifconfig eth0 192.168.244.244” can be used. This problem was found late within the 1.4 release cycle and should be addressed with the next major release. }}} FYI - v1.4.0 RPMs are to be available on github at the end of this week. Best Regards, Adam On 2018-10-01 15:27, Masle Sébastien<sebastien.masle@heig-vd.ch>wrote: > Hi, I try to run an application in standalone mode on the ZedBoard, thus I am following the ZedBoard_Getting_Started_guide.pdf. I am stuck when I start the application by typing the command "ocpirun -v -t 1 -d -m bias=hdl bias.xml", I get the following error: Exiting for exception: No network interface found to establish a system identify from its MAC address Why does this error show up while I am not supposed to use the network? Thanks, Sebastien _______________________________________________ discuss mailing list discuss@lists.opencpi.org http://lists.opencpi.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.opencpi.org
MS
Masle Sébastien
Tue, Oct 2, 2018 8:04 AM

Adam,

Thanks for your help, it solved my problem.

I'm looking forward to v1.4.0.

Best regards,

Sebastien

Hi,

Adam, Thanks for your help, it solved my problem. I'm looking forward to v1.4.0. Best regards, Sebastien ________________________________ De : aponchak <aponchak@office.geontech.com> Envoyé : lundi, 1 octobre 2018 22:05:11 À : Masle Sébastien Cc : discuss@lists.opencpi.org Objet : Re: [Discuss OpenCPI] getting started with zedboard Sebatien, This is a bug, that unfortunately has yet not been resolved. However, a work around has been identified and is provided is the below snippet (from the v1.4.0 release notes): {{{ 1.3 Major Known Deficiencies 1.3.1 ZedBoard IP Required Even In Standalone Mode Applications (including XML-only ones) fail if there is not an IP address assigned to the ZedBoard, even when in “standalone mode.” If the network connection is not used, forcing a MAC (cf. Section 5.3.2) and IP addresses is required. To set a temporary IP address, the command “ifconfig eth0 192.168.244.244” can be used. This problem was found late within the 1.4 release cycle and should be addressed with the next major release. }}} FYI - v1.4.0 RPMs are to be available on github at the end of this week. Best Regards, Adam On 2018-10-01 15:27, Masle Sébastien <sebastien.masle@heig-vd.ch> wrote: Hi, I try to run an application in standalone mode on the ZedBoard, thus I am following the ZedBoard_Getting_Started_guide.pdf. I am stuck when I start the application by typing the command "ocpirun -v -t 1 -d -m bias=hdl bias.xml", I get the following error: Exiting for exception: No network interface found to establish a system identify from its MAC address Why does this error show up while I am not supposed to use the network? Thanks, Sebastien _______________________________________________ discuss mailing list discuss@lists.opencpi.org http://lists.opencpi.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.opencpi.org