[UK OFFICIAL] RE: http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=7369&d=5YWm3srtnlxttlZiKrPJtjQEeAeHlHD0VAqVWDFYVg&u=http%3a%2f%2flibocpi%5fforeign%2eso Compilation Flags

WD
Walters Dominic A
Tue, Jan 21, 2020 2:14 PM

Classification: UK OFFICIAL

Hi Brian,

Lastly, I've been adding an RCC as a set of patches applied to the OpenCPI git repository.  Am I able to add RCC's out-of-tree in another project?
When I tried to do that previously, it seemed to barf?  Any insights or recommendations would be very appreciated.

The way I've been adding rcc platforms is by following the style used in this repository from Geontech: https://github.com/geontech/sw_xilinx18_2
This itself is a project, so you could instead put your RCC into an rcc/platforms library in your bsp project.
I have a feeling that "ocpidev build rcc platforms --rcc-platform xilinx###" from the project directory should then work? I recall having some issue with it not exporting tho I, but can't remember fully.
It should be noted however, that that repo is for an Ultrascale RCC not Zynq.
But, following that format and replacing the variables in "Xilinx##
#.mk" for the zynq equivalents I managed to compile an 18_3 Zynq RCC on OCPI1.5.
Although I haven't tested it on hardware yet (yocto is driving me mental xD).

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss discuss-bounces@lists.opencpi.org On Behalf Of Brian Padalino
Sent: 20 January 2020 19:53
To: discuss@lists.opencpi.org
Subject: [Discuss OpenCPI] http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=7369&d=5YWm3srtnlxttlZiKrPJtjQEeAeHlHD0VAqVWDFYVg&u=http%3a%2f%2flibocpi%5fforeign%2eso Compilation Flags

I've created a xilinx17_4 RCC for the port I am working on.  For one device (ADALM-PLUTO), the hardfp argument in the compilation flags seems correct.

For this other custom platform, the mabi-float argument to GCC needs to be softfp, but when I try to do that I end up with linker errors regarding http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=7369&d=5YWm3srtnlxttlZiKrPJtjQEeAeHlHD0VAqVWDFYVg&u=http%3a%2f%2flibocpi%5fforeign%2eso being the default hardfp even though everything else seemed built using softfp.

I tried, but I couldn't quite find where the OcpiCFlags or OcpiCXXFlags were used for generating http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=7369&d=5YWm3srtnlxttlZiKrPJtjQEeAeHlHD0VArKVmQNBQ&u=http%3a%2f%2flibocpi%5fforeign%2eso%3f  Does anyone have any insights as to why this might be the case?

Also, to get around the issue, I just used a different non-Xilinx supplied toolchain which defaulted to softfp.  For the future, if I want to create an RCC that supports both soft and hard floating point ABI's, what is the preferred method to do that?  Different RCC's?

Lastly, I've been adding an RCC as a set of patches applied to the OpenCPI git repository.  Am I able to add RCC's out-of-tree in another project?
When I tried to do that previously, it seemed to barf?  Any insights or recommendations would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Classification: UK OFFICIAL Hi Brian, > Lastly, I've been adding an RCC as a set of patches applied to the OpenCPI git repository. Am I able to add RCC's out-of-tree in another project? > When I tried to do that previously, it seemed to barf? Any insights or recommendations would be very appreciated. The way I've been adding rcc platforms is by following the style used in this repository from Geontech: https://github.com/geontech/sw_xilinx18_2 This itself is a project, so you could instead put your RCC into an rcc/platforms library in your bsp project. I have a feeling that "ocpidev build rcc platforms --rcc-platform xilinx##_#" from the project directory should then work? I recall having some issue with it not exporting tho I, but can't remember fully. It should be noted however, that that repo is for an Ultrascale RCC not Zynq. But, following that format and replacing the variables in "Xilinx##_#.mk" for the zynq equivalents I managed to compile an 18_3 Zynq RCC on OCPI1.5. Although I haven't tested it on hardware yet (yocto is driving me mental xD). -----Original Message----- From: discuss <discuss-bounces@lists.opencpi.org> On Behalf Of Brian Padalino Sent: 20 January 2020 19:53 To: discuss@lists.opencpi.org Subject: [Discuss OpenCPI] http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=7369&d=5YWm3srtnlxttlZiKrPJtjQEeAeHlHD0VAqVWDFYVg&u=http%3a%2f%2flibocpi%5fforeign%2eso Compilation Flags I've created a xilinx17_4 RCC for the port I am working on. For one device (ADALM-PLUTO), the hardfp argument in the compilation flags seems correct. For this other custom platform, the mabi-float argument to GCC needs to be softfp, but when I try to do that I end up with linker errors regarding http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=7369&d=5YWm3srtnlxttlZiKrPJtjQEeAeHlHD0VAqVWDFYVg&u=http%3a%2f%2flibocpi%5fforeign%2eso being the default hardfp even though everything else seemed built using softfp. I tried, but I couldn't quite find where the OcpiCFlags or OcpiCXXFlags were used for generating http://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=7369&d=5YWm3srtnlxttlZiKrPJtjQEeAeHlHD0VArKVmQNBQ&u=http%3a%2f%2flibocpi%5fforeign%2eso%3f Does anyone have any insights as to why this might be the case? Also, to get around the issue, I just used a different non-Xilinx supplied toolchain which defaulted to softfp. For the future, if I want to create an RCC that supports both soft and hard floating point ABI's, what is the preferred method to do that? Different RCC's? Lastly, I've been adding an RCC as a set of patches applied to the OpenCPI git repository. Am I able to add RCC's out-of-tree in another project? When I tried to do that previously, it seemed to barf? Any insights or recommendations would be very appreciated. Thanks, Brian