Container Issue

NS
Neil Schafer
Mon, Jul 16, 2018 3:07 PM

Hi,

I'm working on a newish bsp, in an external project that has been registered
and built within my core ocpi framework. I have successfully flashed an
opencpi-built assembly to the device (using vendor tools), but opencpi sort
of fails to recognize the container. I have loaded the ocpidriver, but when
I run ocpirun -C, I get:

OCPI( 2:947.0314): When searching for PCI device '0000:02:00.0': Can't open
/dev/mem, forgot to load the driver? Sudo?

The PCI address listed above is the correct address for the flashed device.

Running ocpirun -C -l10 reveals

"Searching for local PCI-based HDL devices.

When searching for PCI device '0000:02:00.0': Can't open /dev/mem.. Etc"

Is there some other step I may have missed for providing permissions?

Thanks,

Neil

Hi, I'm working on a newish bsp, in an external project that has been registered and built within my core ocpi framework. I have successfully flashed an opencpi-built assembly to the device (using vendor tools), but opencpi sort of fails to recognize the container. I have loaded the ocpidriver, but when I run ocpirun -C, I get: OCPI( 2:947.0314): When searching for PCI device '0000:02:00.0': Can't open /dev/mem, forgot to load the driver? Sudo? The PCI address listed above is the correct address for the flashed device. Running ocpirun -C -l10 reveals "Searching for local PCI-based HDL devices. When searching for PCI device '0000:02:00.0': Can't open /dev/mem.. Etc" Is there some other step I may have missed for providing permissions? Thanks, Neil
JK
James Kulp
Mon, Jul 16, 2018 3:19 PM

It looks like it is failing to recognize that the driver is loaded.
This usually indicates some sort of udev/mdev failure.
I.e. the /dev entries for OpenCPI are not getting created or not created
properly when the driver is loaded.
Did ocpidriver say anything about udev/mdev rules?

On 7/16/18 11:07 AM, Neil Schafer wrote:

Hi,

I'm working on a newish bsp, in an external project that has been registered
and built within my core ocpi framework. I have successfully flashed an
opencpi-built assembly to the device (using vendor tools), but opencpi sort
of fails to recognize the container. I have loaded the ocpidriver, but when
I run ocpirun -C, I get:

OCPI( 2:947.0314): When searching for PCI device '0000:02:00.0': Can't open
/dev/mem, forgot to load the driver? Sudo?

The PCI address listed above is the correct address for the flashed device.

Running ocpirun -C -l10 reveals

"Searching for local PCI-based HDL devices.

When searching for PCI device '0000:02:00.0': Can't open /dev/mem.. Etc"

Is there some other step I may have missed for providing permissions?

Thanks,

Neil

It looks like it is failing to recognize that the driver is loaded. This usually indicates some sort of udev/mdev failure. I.e. the /dev entries for OpenCPI are not getting created or not created properly when the driver is loaded. Did ocpidriver say anything about udev/mdev rules? On 7/16/18 11:07 AM, Neil Schafer wrote: > Hi, > > > > I'm working on a newish bsp, in an external project that has been registered > and built within my core ocpi framework. I have successfully flashed an > opencpi-built assembly to the device (using vendor tools), but opencpi sort > of fails to recognize the container. I have loaded the ocpidriver, but when > I run ocpirun -C, I get: > > OCPI( 2:947.0314): When searching for PCI device '0000:02:00.0': Can't open > /dev/mem, forgot to load the driver? Sudo? > > > > The PCI address listed above is the correct address for the flashed device. > > > > Running ocpirun -C -l10 reveals > > "Searching for local PCI-based HDL devices. > > When searching for PCI device '0000:02:00.0': Can't open /dev/mem.. Etc" > > > > Is there some other step I may have missed for providing permissions? > > > > Thanks, > > Neil > >
NS
Neil Schafer
Mon, Jul 16, 2018 4:16 PM

Running load gives me the line:
"No reserved DMA memory found on the linux boot command line
Driver loaded successfully"

Is there a verbose mode?

[...]

Running load gives me the line: "No reserved DMA memory found on the linux boot command line Driver loaded successfully" Is there a verbose mode? -----Original Message----- From: discuss <discuss-bounces@lists.opencpi.org> On Behalf Of James Kulp Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 11:20 AM To: discuss@lists.opencpi.org Subject: Re: [Discuss OpenCPI] Container Issue It looks like it is failing to recognize that the driver is loaded. This usually indicates some sort of udev/mdev failure. I.e. the /dev entries for OpenCPI are not getting created or not created properly when the driver is loaded. Did ocpidriver say anything about udev/mdev rules? On 7/16/18 11:07 AM, Neil Schafer wrote: > Hi, > > > > I'm working on a newish bsp, in an external project that has been registered > and built within my core ocpi framework. I have successfully flashed an > opencpi-built assembly to the device (using vendor tools), but opencpi sort > of fails to recognize the container. I have loaded the ocpidriver, but when > I run ocpirun -C, I get: > > OCPI( 2:947.0314): When searching for PCI device '0000:02:00.0': Can't open > /dev/mem, forgot to load the driver? Sudo? > > > > The PCI address listed above is the correct address for the flashed device. > > > > Running ocpirun -C -l10 reveals > > "Searching for local PCI-based HDL devices. > > When searching for PCI device '0000:02:00.0': Can't open /dev/mem.. Etc" > > > > Is there some other step I may have missed for providing permissions? > > > > Thanks, > > Neil > >
JK
James Kulp
Mon, Jul 16, 2018 4:24 PM

On 7/16/18 12:16 PM, Neil Schafer wrote:

Running load gives me the line:
"No reserved DMA memory found on the linux boot command line
Driver loaded successfully"

Is there a verbose mode?

Debugging a udev issue is probably not a good topic for this email list,
but...

ocpidriver is a script that calls an underlying script ocpi_<OS>_dir, or
in this case ocpi_linux_driver.
You could try:
bash -vx $OCPI_CDK_DIR/scripts/ocpi_linux_driver load

Perhaps the udev rules are not being installed for your linux flavor?

[...]

On 7/16/18 12:16 PM, Neil Schafer wrote: > Running load gives me the line: > "No reserved DMA memory found on the linux boot command line > Driver loaded successfully" > > Is there a verbose mode? Debugging a udev issue is probably not a good topic for this email list, but... ocpidriver is a script that calls an underlying script ocpi_<OS>_dir, or in this case ocpi_linux_driver. You could try: bash -vx $OCPI_CDK_DIR/scripts/ocpi_linux_driver load Perhaps the udev rules are not being installed for your linux flavor? > > -----Original Message----- > From: discuss <discuss-bounces@lists.opencpi.org> On Behalf Of James Kulp > Sent: Monday, July 16, 2018 11:20 AM > To: discuss@lists.opencpi.org > Subject: Re: [Discuss OpenCPI] Container Issue > > It looks like it is failing to recognize that the driver is loaded. > This usually indicates some sort of udev/mdev failure. > I.e. the /dev entries for OpenCPI are not getting created or not created > properly when the driver is loaded. > Did ocpidriver say anything about udev/mdev rules? > > > On 7/16/18 11:07 AM, Neil Schafer wrote: >> Hi, >> >> >> >> I'm working on a newish bsp, in an external project that has been > registered >> and built within my core ocpi framework. I have successfully flashed an >> opencpi-built assembly to the device (using vendor tools), but opencpi > sort >> of fails to recognize the container. I have loaded the ocpidriver, but > when >> I run ocpirun -C, I get: >> >> OCPI( 2:947.0314): When searching for PCI device '0000:02:00.0': Can't > open >> /dev/mem, forgot to load the driver? Sudo? >> >> >> >> The PCI address listed above is the correct address for the flashed > device. >> >> >> Running ocpirun -C -l10 reveals >> >> "Searching for local PCI-based HDL devices. >> >> When searching for PCI device '0000:02:00.0': Can't open /dev/mem.. Etc" >> >> >> >> Is there some other step I may have missed for providing permissions? >> >> >> >> Thanks, >> >> Neil >> >>