[Discuss OpenCPI] Changing SDP external port BRAM usage

James Kulp jek at parera.com
Tue Sep 10 16:51:31 EDT 2019

Yes, the default is 64KB per stream, and it is parameterized for this
and other purposes.
The intention was to apply parameters to the "connection" element in the
container XML which would determine this buffer size per off-chip stream.
Unfortunately that link in the code generator for containers (which
generates the code that instances those modules) is not implemented.

The best I can suggest is to simply change the constant (64k) in
projects/core/specs/sdp-properties.xml, which would of course apply to
all streams.

The proper fix in the code generator would be harder.

I have filed the issue for the next release.

Cheers,
Jim