[Discuss OpenCPI] Changing SDP external port BRAM usage

Travis Murphy tmurphy at northpointdefense.com
Tue Sep 10 16:34:00 EDT 2019

Each external port costs 16 RAM36E1 resources at default. Our design uses multiple
 ports to handle separate data streams but the size of the buffers is overkill for
 the throughput we need. We would like to reduce down the BRAM usage to reclaim
 some resources. I was wondering if there is any way to individually set the memory_bytes
 parameter in the sdp_send and sdp_recv devices that get generated on external ports?

Thank you,

Travis Murphy