[Discuss OpenCPI] HDL Assembly Makefile

James Kulp jek at parera.com
Tue Jun 19 09:21:28 EDT 2018

Hi Peter,

It is true that nothing in container-* should be modified since it is
all generated and cleaned.
When you are creating a non-default container (one that has interesting
connections or non-default platform configuration),
you put the container XML file in the assembly's directory and mention
it in the Containers= variable in the Makefile.
In that container XML you specifiy what is "not default" about the
container, any of:
1. Device connections of external ports of the assembly
2. Device presence (possibly parameterized) when not implied by device
connections or platform configuration
3. The Platform Configuration to use (thus implying the presence of
devices or cards).
The container file you copied has a specifically indicated platform
configuration.
You probably just need to change the platform configuration indicated
there to "base".

Jim