[Discuss OpenCPI] HDL Assembly Makefile

Miller, Peter PeterM at signalscape.com
Tue Jun 19 08:58:44 EDT 2018

Suppose I create a simple hdl assembly that contains one component, phy_tx_802dot11g.hdl.
ocpidev create hdl assembly phy_tx_802dot11g_assy

ocpidev build hdl assembly phy_tx_802dot11g_assy --hdl-platform xsim --hdl-platform zed

>From this I will get:
hdl/assemblies/phy_tx_802dot11g_assy/container-phy_tx_802dot11g_assy_xsim_base
hdl/assemblies/phy_tx_802dot11g_assy/container-phy_tx_802dot11g_assy_zed_base

I can use this assembly to create an application that, say, connects to file_write and I can run it on Centos or Zed. Now I want to make an application that connects it to qdac on the zed fmcomms3. I copy the container file "cnt_1rx_1tx_thruasm_fmcomms_2_3_lpc_LVDS_zed.xml" and modify the Makefile to add "Containers=cnt_1rx_1tx_thruasm_fmcomms_2_3_lpc_LVDS_zed" and build.
hdl/assemblies/phy_tx_802dot11g_assy/container-phy_tx_802dot11g_assy_zed__cfg_1rx_1tx_fmcomms_2_3_lpc_lvds_cnt_1rx_1tx_thruasm_fmcomms_2_3_lpc_LVDS_zed

Now a make clean and make only generates the fmcomm container and not the base.

Question: How can I modify the makefile to specify a container for the Base container? Such that make clean, make will build the base and the config folders? Is there a "Containers=" for the base assembly?

Sincerely,
Peter B. Miller
Potomac: (301) 765-9668

--------------------------- This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of Signalscape, Inc. and the addressed individual or entity. If you have received this email in error please delete it. Information in this email may be subject to the Privacy Act of 1974 and any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is strictly prohibited. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.